Latest News Papers | News Papers Online | Journal News Paper | Technology News Paper

Translate

Thursday, September 8, 2011

This is going to be a rebirth of sorts for me - Harbhajan Singh

Indian off spinner, Harbhajan Singh said in an interview with Mid-Day that he has recovered from the abdominal strain that saw him miss the 3rd and 4th Test and the limited overs leg of the England tour. Harbhajan had to return home and was at the National Cricket Academy in Bangalore where he underwent rehabilitation.

Harbhajan said he has worked hard at his fitness at the NCA and will be fully fit and available for selection for the Champions league and the series against England and West Indies, which will follow the multi-starrer T20 tournament.

"I am 100% fit and raring to go for all the cricket ahead. I have worked really hard at the NCA. I am looking forward to the Champions League T20, and also the coming home series (against England and West Indies)," the 31 year old said.

Harbhajan's form has taken a tremendous dip, and the off spinner has only managed 13 wickets in his last 5 Tests, which came against West Indies and England.

The Mumbai Indians player said he struck by the injury at the wrong time.

"Obviously, the injury came at the wrong time. But, I don't think about the timing - it's always bad - whether it was in a home series or away series. An injury is an injury. There was lot of sadness to come back home soon."

He added that he is optimistic about returning to form.

"I have never felt this good about my bowling. This is going to be a rebirth of sorts for me. I am going to get my rhythm back. I am honest to myself and know that I have a lot more to contribute for the country. This is a new beginning. I still have four or five years of cricket left in me."

Harbhajan's return to fitness will be big boost for Mumbai, who may have to do without their skipper Sachin Tendulkar as he is suffering from a toe injury and Rohit Sharma(finger injury). Harbhajan has been one of Mumbai's main bowlers and was retained ahead of IPL 4 along with Lasith Malinga, Kieron Pollard and Tendulkar.

No comments: